星期四, 7月 14, 2005

Physics saved my ass!

I've done it, successfully, and it saved my life and of course Saga-92's too.

This evening after work, I was supposed to drive all the way from my work place to SS2 for some basketball with friends. While on the way there a friend called and the basketball session was cancelled, because SS2 was raining cats and dogs. I said okay and continued listened to the radio. It started to rain as I reached Puchong toll and the road became slippery.

I was concentrating on the radio, and then all of the sudden the Waja in front of me made a hard brake due to some other vehicles in front slowed down suddenly. Within one hundredth of a second my brain made a brilliant decision and send the reflex signal down right to my right foot at the next one hundredth of second-I stepped so damn hard on the brake pedal.

But the car was just not slowing down, the tyres have been locked up and they lost resistance with the road, the vehicle continued its momentum toward the front. I could hear the screaming tyre sound at that moment. I can only think "Am I going to bang the waja?"

Then something flashed through my mind, something my friend Lee told me just couple of weeks ago. I freed the brake pedal and stepped on it and repeated them in a real quick manner like 3-4 cycle per second. I could feel that I start gaining control of the vehicle's direction again and it really slowing down, eventually, to a stop. Just by a few inches more I'll bang the waja real bad. *phew! I looked in the rear-view mirror checking if the car behind me made the stop, it did, back of my car is safe too. Another *phew!

There was a tremble in my legs, I could felt it. I felt so weak and almost can't regain my strength to simple task like stepping on the clutch and accelerator pedals. I was scared. I was scared because I knew with my speed that time I could hit real bad at that waja. I was scared because I don't want to damage Saga-92. I was so scared because I thought I will die!

Manual ABS (Anti-lock braking system) might've just saved my life. So I guess I should say what saved me was one thing, physics!

I didn't see my past life flashed through my head. And I didn't see any bright light ahead of me either. So perhaps I am just so lucky. I should be buying my vehicle registration number for 4D this week just to try out my good luck. 1568, any taker?

沒有留言: