星期五, 9月 30, 2005

Another not-my-fault statement from Dr M

Today's quote on AP issue [theStar]:
... when he(Dr M) was prime minister, he had asked Rafidah’s ministry to check why the duties on imported cars were under-declared, “but I was told they were not responsible for it.”
“I trusted my ministers to handle the APs. There was no necessity for me to be informed of everything,” he said. ...
Did Dr M just admit that he didn't do a good job in monitoring his subordinates' work during the 22 years of tenure? Or I interpreted it wrongly?

You can always TRUST your subordinates, only if you understand what their tasks are, how they are going to perform the tasks and what is their progress. All these, are called MONITORING!

Only the lousy manager will play taichi and say something like "I trusted him on the project that's why if the project failed not my fault but his".

沒有留言: